Monday, May 29, 2023

Freddy's Rock Hall of Fame Kick Off Post -- May 29th 2023

 


The last time I "published" anything to this blog was in December of 2020. I just haven't been in the frame of mind to write much since that time. In 2021 we moved from our former home of 18 years and while the new home is bigger and better, I don't have a spot where it's convenient for me to work from the PC and be in a comfortable position, near a music or TV source. Well, I have felt the urge to write, so I got the old...and yeah, it's old...laptop out and will try to write as much as I feel like. 

Seems like getting good conversation about music is becoming harder and harder, so I suppose I will just talk to myself and express my opinions and positions on the things I want to. And one of the topics I have been feeling strongly about lately is music.

With that, I am going to make my own "Rock Hall of Fame". It's going to be Freddy style. I don't feel like I need much of a set criteria. Like many music fans, I am disenchanted with what the "official" Rock n Roll HOF in Cleveland is. In my opinion, there were too many artists thrown in too quickly and there are some acts/artists that just don't belong. It feels like they are just trying to fit as much under the Rock n Roll umbrella as possible to take advantage of names and brands. (I love Willie....love Dolly, but they shouldn't be in the R&R HOF in my opinion)

With that, I will start a series of articles and "inductions", if you will, to honor the artists, bands, and other important figures in the world of Rock. The inductees/honorees are going to be based more upont my opinion than a rigid set of criteria or boxes to check. Longevity, critical quality, sales & chart positions, breaking new ground, expanding a medium, and influence (within the rock world or culture) can all come in to play. 

I'm not doing this to debate or argue with anyone, but I will keep the comment sections turned on, while reserving the right to delete any comments that are lewd, obnoxious, or are the rantings of an asshole. Anyone that goes back through my blog may find some stuff I've written they don't like. Well, don't read it. I am not changing anything I've ever written. It's where I was at that time and even if I have had a change of mind or opinion, I am not interested in white washing who I was, even at the risk of offending someone. 

OK, so there is all that. Unless I just forget about it, or change my mind, my next move is to start a page dedicated to the inductees/honorees of the Freddy's Open Mind Rock Hall of Fame! 



No comments:

Post a Comment