Monday, May 29, 2023

Freddy's Rock Hall of Fame

 


Freddy's Rock Hall of Fame 

(5/30/2023)

Hello to anyone that happens upon this page. In my previous post (LINK: from 5/29/2023), I had advised I would be writing on music and felt inclined to start my own "Rock Hall of Fame" since I'm not crazy about what they have going on in Cleveland. 

My intention is to have a Hall of Fame that is a little truer to the art form. The inductees/honorees are going to be based more upon my opinion rather than a rigid set of criteria or boxes to check. That said, longevity, critical quality, promotion, sales & chart positions, breaking new ground, expanding a medium, and influence (within the rock world or culture) can all come in to play. And yes, the term "rock" can be applied loosely, but I don't want to deviate very far off the beaten path. If a rap, pop, or country artist has made a contribution to rock, they may be in the honoree section and not a full fledged inductee/member. 

Honorees are going to be artists or any figure that contributed in a positive way to rock music, but perhaps not on a big enough scale to be a full inductee. Some may be (but not necessarily limited to) early influencers, promoters, producers, radio personalities, or managers. Honorees may also become inductees at some point. 

Inductees are going to be the full fledged members of the Freddy Rock Hall of Fame. These are artists or bands (but not necessarily limited to that) that made (or are making) significant contributions to the world of rock music and who I consider to be to the cream that has risen to the top of the art form. 

Am I going to miss some people (producers, managers, artists, bands) or put an artist in that may be disagreeable to some fans? Probably and there won't be any way to make everyone happy. I hope anyone that reads this knows I'm doing it out of love for music and my love of writing and putting my thoughts out there. I'm not going to go overboard with throwing names on a list. I want it to be a process and approach it from my limited knowledge of the rock genre. I am not going to follow any sort of time line for this thing, so it will be a work in progress....to hopefully never be completed. 

Write ups on the honorees and inductees to follow in a subsequent post. 

 Honorees

5/30/2023 LINK

Bill Haley & The Comets

Fats Domino

Sam Phillips

Alan Freed


6/12/2023 LINK

Dick Clark

B.B. King


9/22/23 LINK

Kasey Kasem


2/24/2024 LINK

Ed Sullivan


 Inductees

5/30/2023 LINK

Little Richard

Elvis Presley


6/12/2023 LINK

Buddy Holly

Chuck Berry


9/22/2023 LINK

The Beatles


2/24/2024 LINK

The Rolling Stones



No comments:

Post a Comment