Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Whitney Houston: Death of a Star



I don't have much to say about the death of Whitney Houston, other than it didn't really strike me as surprising. She was once the darling of the pop music world and after her marriage to Bobby Brown, she seemed to start a long fall which finally culminated in her death. 

I have to admit, I'm not that big of a fan of life. I guess it's OK....it's the only thing I've got. I'm a lower middle class guy who just tries to take what is thrown at him. I make mistakes. I do some stuff I'm happy with. I do some stuff I'm not proud of. But, I try not to get into self-destruction. I have a family and I have to consider that I have carved out obligations for my life. Once you attach your life to someone else's well being, you really  have to be sure to evaluate your decision making. 

Houston had one child, a daughter, who is about 20 years old. Now, that's an age that should be able to deal with the death of a close relative, but still, not an age where she probably won't feel confusion, anger, and betrayal. I'm going way out on a limb and guessing that whatever Whitney Houston died of, at the fairly young age of 48, was mostly, if not totally her fault. You can't burn the candle at both ends forever. In this case, the candle only burned for 48 years. 

Not many people know who Joey Diaz is. He's a comedian that pals around with Joe Rogan, Doug Stanhope and some others. He did a pod cast with Joe Rogan last year and got into telling a story about how he used to be a middle man, selling cocaine to Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston. He said they took about as much blow in a week as anyone he'd ever seen. He said they would call him at all hours of the night for the stuff. Anyhow, I believe what he's saying. I also believe it's a glaring example of why Houston is in the ground now. Too much fast living and not enough down time. It's a tragedy for her family and a shame for the rest of the world. She had talent to spare and instead of an aging icon, she is now just news, soon to be a footnote in pop history. 




"it's better to burn out, than to fade away"

Neil Young

.

No comments:

Post a Comment