Friday, January 4, 2013

Chicken Wings Are Bad Ass!


Alright, I confess.....I thought that the drumette section was a small chicken leg. That the wings I was eating included small chicken legs. Yeah, I probably shouldn't admit it, but it's not like anyone thinks I'm a genius anyhow. So, there you go. I didn't know that the drumette was not a leg attached to the wing. Sue me. You probably didn't know that dinosaurs used to be birds. So suck on that. No, wait.....dinosaurs and birds....no, birds used to be dinosaurs. I'm pretty sure that's true. I saw it in a movie or learned it in college. 

Back to the topic at hand though; chicken wings. Damn, chicken wings are really good. I'm not eating a chicken wing right now, I'm just kind of free thinking about wings and writing whatever flows into my head. Whoops.....got "Who's Next" on the turntable. Gotta go flip it. Look at this for a second....



Alright, I'm back. What did I miss? Oh, right. Chicken wings. Damn, chicken wings are really good. The meat is so tender and satisfying. I guess it's white meat, with some dark mixed in there, but hell, I don't care. I just know that chicken wings are really good. I'm a hot sauce guy though. Gotta have some hot sauce with the wings. Frank's or Louisiana are great, inexpensive hot sauces. They have kick, but a great flavor. I don't want hot for the sake of hot. I want it to taste good AND make me start to sweat like I was Lindsay Lohan's father getting a phone call from an UNKNOWN number. Hey, don't get me wrong here, buffalo sauce is good, but it just doesn't have the proper kick and it over powers the chicken. Yeah, I've thought about this quite a bit, why do you ask?  

I think I'll go have some chicken wings tonight with my friends. My friend Greg introduced me to chicken wings in college and I've been a fan ever since. Joey likes 'em too, but he's a lightweight. He'll stop after a satisfying 10 or so. He doesn't go to the "I'm never eating again!" stage. I'm not addicted though. As great as chicken wings are, they are not addicting. It hasn't been a gateway food either. You don't move on to harder foods just because you enjoy chicken wings. The chicken wing is good enough. 



No, don't give me any bullshit about "boneless" wings. Those are not boneless wings.....they are just chicken fingers with a different name. Just like our corporate culture, ain't it? Trying to make a sale off the back of someone else. Dragging the good name of the chicken wing through the batter like that! They made the horrible marketing decision by calling them chicken "fingers", don't take it out on the wing and try to steal their part of the market. Appalling and egregious! Get lost with that "boneless" wing. 

Well, that's it. I have hit the bottom of any sort of creative matter that I had in my head. Probably enough to fill a thimble and now it's gone. I'm reduced to writing about my delight for the flight apparatus of a non-flying bird as a source of nourishment. And a good day to you. 


If chicken wings are good enough for Axl, they're good enough for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment